tmobiti – tonight’s final jeopardy

April 14th, 2009 · 6 Comments

Each day I am becoming more and more of an old man, because I find that if I miss Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, I am usually very grumpy for about three hours afterwards.  This is one of my primary reasons for not getting a job in investment banking out of college because I know I would never again see my beloved shows.

However, tonight I made it home with plenty of time to watch both, and I crushed Final Jeopardy tonight.

Tonight’s Final Jeopardy Category: “Colleges and Universities”

Answer: “This two word term for a famous group of colleges 1st appeared in an AP story that ran in the Providence Journal in 1935.”

Question: “What is Ivy League?”

I knew this because I may or may not have read the wiki page on said answer many a time.  I wonder how many questions Jeopardy pulls off of Wikipedia?

Only one guy got it right.  The other two guessed “Seven Sisters”.  FAIL.

Screenshot.  And by “Screenshot” I mean “I took a picture of my TV”:

ivyleague

Also, a guy from Temple won $100,000 on Wheel of Fortune tonight.  Wooooo Philly!

→ 6 CommentsCategories: culture | Tags: , | 9,263 views

6 responses so far ↓

• 1 We’ll Take “Really Obvious Stuff” For $1000, Alex | Under the Button // Apr 15, 2009 at 12:48 pm

[…] to Corey Hulse, C’ 07, for the […]

• 2 Terri // Apr 16, 2009 at 11:25 am

Hi Corey,
    I’m with you on “missing an episode and being grumpy”…I watch it religiously.
    I did, however, unavoidable miss it last night (April 15th 09 Weds). Do you know/remember what the final jeopardy catagory was last night?
    Thanks,
    Terri

• 3 carol // Apr 29, 2009 at 7:45 am

i missed jeopardy last night – forgot to set up tape while visiting my dog in-hospital at vet – what was final jeopardy category – have been entering galopagos contest daily – thank you

• 4 cshulse // Apr 29, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

http://www.j-archives.com is a great resource that lists out pretty much EVERY Jeopardy question ever, including the categories for those people looking to enter the Galapagos contest.

April 15 was “Explorers” and they haven’t yet posted for April 28, unfortunately.

• 5 Minnie // May 5, 2009 at 6:00 am

Hey, missed Jeopardy last night May 4, 2009, what was the final category answer. We would appreciate your help. Minnie and Rey

• 6 Genie53 // May 21, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Missed Jeopardy tonight, May 21, 2009, what was the final category answer. Appreciate the help.